Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Day in the Life

My first day in the office was almost shockingly productive. The office here is mainly concentrated on the 9th floor of the building with some spillover onto the 8th. The DCS (dedicated client service) portion of the team, which I am working closely with, sits on one half of the building and is only comprised of about 50 people from my best estimate. This is a stark contrast with the massive DCS team in North America spanning 4 offices & with far more people than one could meet.

On the first day I had a chance to sit down with my new manager Amarpreet, who's a quite nice, and a very charismatic guy. He's new to this role but not to Google & I think we'll have a lot to learn from each other.

I also met all of the account managers who work with teams in the US. There are only 7 of them - and this is the core team I'll be working closest with for the three months I'm here. Many of them I've met over video conference in the past, but it was amazing how much more I could learn (and teach) with a half hour of 1:1 time.

I still have yet to successfully post pictures to my picasa account, and because I've still got mild jet lag, I suspect that I won't get around to it for another day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment