Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yoga River Side

We awoke early, about 6:30 and headed down several flights of stairs.

The hotel we were staying in was built into the hillside overlooking the Ganges. It was sleepy out, but I thought that Yoga overlooking the holiest river in India was too cool to pass up.

Becky, Angela and I entered the tranquil studio. Incense burned and the Yoga instructor looked up at us before making a hand motion towards the main room. The windows were open and a light breeze flowed through the Yoga studio. The quiet rush of the Ganges was just audible in the background. For the better part of two hours, we stretched our bodies, practiced breathing exercises and enjoyed the serenity of the moment.

Time passed quickly. Leaving the studio, I felt invigorated on my way to breakfast. I was ready to tackle the day and anything India would throw my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment